Man punches customer at Mamak stall after mistaking him for secretly filming his girlfriend

Man punches customer at Mamak stall after mistaking him for secretly filming his girlfriend

Tsk tsk tsk, creating trouble at Mamak stall after having too much to drink ah!

A group of 10 people reportedly went to a Mamak stall to eat supper after being drunk. According to Zaobao, a man from the group was arrested by police for attacking another customer from the next table.

The man punched the customer in his chest as he thought that the customer was secretly taking pictures of his girlfriend, but actually, the man was on a video call.

The dispute took place at Al Jilani Mamak stall along Bencoolen Street at about 11pm on 5 November (Friday).

The manager of the Mamak stall, who did not want to be named, said in an interview that there were about 10 people in the group, and they seemed to be around 30 years old. Several of them were already drunk when they arrived at the Mamak stall.

A female customer who was dining in the Mamak stall at that time said that this group of people was sitting at a table outside the stall when an Indian uncle at the table next to them was suspected to be holding up his mobile phone and filming a video. His action had caused a misunderstanding between the two parties.

The female customer said: “Maybe it was because the uncle’s mobile phone was facing them. So, one of the men who seemed to be drunk stepped forward and scolded the uncle, questioning him why he was secretly filming his girlfriend. The man then started pushing the uncle and punched him in the chest.”

Later, a Malay woman quickly called the police upon seeing the fight. When the group realised that the police had been notified, they also shouted at her and smashed a cup on the ground.

The female customer revealed that when the police arrived at the scene, they took the group of people to the back alley for questioning one by one, and then took away the man who started the fight.

According to Singapore Police Force (SPF), the police were alerted to the fight at 11pm on 5 November. A 34-year-old man was arrested for reckless behaviour and public nuisance.

Police investigations are ongoing.

If you’d like to contribute your story to us, drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll review it. We read each submission that comes to us within two weeks of receiving it.


Written by:

167 Posts

View All Posts
Follow Me :