This one is survey say one ah.
According to a survey conducted by REACH and contrary to popular belief hor, the survey result shows that actually, most Singaporeans feel positive or neutral about the presence of foreigners here lei. Only a small percentage unhappy and buay song the foreigners.
In case you lazy to read the survey result, here’s a summary of the survey that you need to know:
REACH conducted the survey during these 2 periods: from 11 to 21 August 2020, and from 21 to 24 August 2020 respectively. They used 2 ways to conduct the survey:
- The first method, they sibei gao lat, sibei effort. They go and randomly call 2,100 Singapore Citizens, all aged 15 years and above.
- Then next they also conducted an online survey with 1,050 randomly selected Singapore Citizens, also all aged 15 years and above.
And yah, the survey they only ask Singapore Citizens who are 15 years old and above.
In the survey, they ask how the respondents feel about having foreigners in Singapore?
The results very surprising lei!
- 49% of the respondents say they feel neutral
- 35% say they feel positive or very positive
- Only 14% say they negative or sibei negative about the foreigners
- Out of those who feel negative towards the foreigners, they feel buay song because they jobless or they feel that “fOrEigNeRs sNaTcH aWaY mY JoB”
Then the survey also asks Singapore Citizens the top 3 things that they don’t like about foreigners.
To which, almost half (47%) of respondents say they don’t have anything that they don’t like about foreigners wor. Only 23% mentioned job-related concerns, while 16% very yim zim (fussy) one say they don’t like foreigners because of their social habits like they talk very loudly or their cleanliness habits no good etc.
When asked how is it important for Singapore to remain open to foreigners? Singaporeans generally agreed that it is important for Singapore to remain open to foreigners.
In fact, majority of the respondents (63%) strongly agreed or agreed that it is important that Singapore remains open to foreigners.
25% say they feel neutral, while only 10% strongly disagreed or disagreed with this statement.
Most Singaporeans recognised the fact that with Singapore being a regional hub, it will help to create more jobs. 81% also agreed that it is good that Singapore is a regional hub as it provides good job opportunities for Singaporeans, even though some jobs will go to foreigners.
19% (don’t know what they are thinking one) felt that Singapore shouldn’t be a regional hub. Because they just want to reduce the number of foreigners here. They don’t mind if it meant fewer job opportunities for Singaporeans.
You know, 一种同归于尽，大家要死一起死的概念 (the “If I have to die, you also cannot live”, “let’s die together” mentality).
According to the survey report, respondents who were unemployed were more likely to indicate so. So hor if you have friends like that, please ah, it is time to unfriend them. Sibei self-centered sia.
Don’t know about you, but lao niang really xiao surprised by the survey results leh! Because when scrolling social media, it feels like the whole of Singapore so anti-foreigners. But actually, it is not!
Good to know that majority of the Singaporeans are still very sane, got 眼界, are broadminded, and only got a small percentage of siao langs.
Oh yah, in case you don’t believe the results or think, “WHY THEY NEVER ASK ME TO DO THIS SURVEY?!?!?!”, please ah, you can also go and join the REACH WhatsApp group and give your feedback and contribute to nation-building one ok.
Don’t just make noise and mai FOMO.
- All you need to know about the MOE versus Transgender Student Saga - January 20, 2021
- #LaoniangExplain: Why Minimum Wage is not enough if you REALLY want to help people - January 19, 2021
- [BREAKING] Yet another PSP party member leaves the Party! - January 14, 2021