Beer lady allegedly kena hit by 2 uncles after refusing to play peanut betting game with them


A beer lady was allegedly attacked by two customers. Reason? She refused to play peanut betting game with them. The beer lady was not only slapped in the face but she was also kicked in her chest. According to Zaobao, she was also hit in her head with a chair.

The accident took place in a coffee shop at Block 630, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, at about 1 am last Sunday (26 February).

A reader, whose friend witnessed the incident, notified the newspaper and forwarded a video of the incident to Shin Min Daily News.

In the video, a woman could be seen being attacked, and she was already sitting on the ground at the time. A man wearing black could be seen approaching her, wanting to attack her. The woman then grabbed the attacker’s top. Later, a man wearing blue stepped up and pull the two apart.

Just when you thought the man in blue was going to stop the fight, he began hitting the woman. In her defense, the woman started to kick but was stopped by the man who grabbed her legs.

Later, the man in black also joined in the fight. The uncle wearing blue then picked up a chair and used it to hit the woman’s head twice. Bystanders who were nearby stepped in to stop the fight. It took about 3 to 4 people to stop the uncle in blue, reported Zaobao.

At this point in time, the woman had already fallen to the ground, and the uncle in black followed and slapped her across the face, and also kicked her in the chest.

Allegedly got attacked for refusing to play peanut betting game

A reporter contacted the woman who was beaten. During the interview, the woman told the reporter that she was doing the job of pouring beer in a coffee shop. After getting off work that day, she changed into casual clothes and drank with her friends in the coffee shop.

“The uncles who were drinking at the next table were about fifty or sixty years old. They came and said they wanted to gamble using peanuts with us. I didn’t want to play, so I sat at another table,” she told the reporters.

She told the reporter that because she wanted to go home early, she told her friends not to play. When she was about to leave, one of the uncles was upset and hit her. Afterward, another uncle joined in, “It is believed that members of the public called the police. Before the police arrived, they all ran away.”

When the reporter visited the coffee shop in the afternoon on Wednesday (1 March), the beverage stand assistant said that there was indeed a fight, but he refused to talk about the details. Shin Min Daily News also tried to call the manager of the coffee shop, but there was no response by the time of writing.

The police confirmed that they had received a report of the fight when enquired. A 44-year-old woman was slightly injured but refused to be sent to the hospital. Two men, aged 57 and 65, were assisting in the investigation. An investigation is currently ongoing.

Beer lady suffered from toe fracture and rib pain

According to the report, the beer lady had a broken toe, rib pain, and swollen eyes. She was given 14 days of sick leave.

The beer lady told the report that she did not go to the hospital. However, she went to the police station to report the case the next day. She added that she was in so much pain that the police called an ambulance and took her to the hospital.

“I had a broken toe, sore ribs, and had an X-ray taken. I also suffered from bruises on my head and eyes.”

She said that the doctor gave her 14 days of sick leave, so she could not go to work during this period.

68-year-old acquaintance was also beaten for helping

A 68-year-old friend who came forward to help also suffered. Reportedly, the friend got beaten up.

The beer lady pointed out that when she was hit by a chair, a woman in a gray top and a man with a helmet rushed forward to stop the fight.

In addition, her friend also came forward to help but was beaten and got a nosebleed. Her friend suffered injuries in her face and eyes and was later taken to hospital by ambulance.

She pointed out that her friend stayed in the hospital for four nights and was just discharged on Wednesday.

Police also confirmed that a 68-year-old man was sent to the hospital conscious after the incident.

Sure Boh?

If you’d like to contribute your story to us, drop us an email at and we’ll review it. We read each submission that comes to us within two weeks of receiving it.

On Key

Related Posts